- Sample Course
- Getting Help
- Your Account
- Enrolling in your course
- Returning to your course
- F.A.Q's about online courses
- Choosing an internet browser
- "It won't work" F.A.Q
- Forums - Discussion & Information
- Grades - Where are they?
- Personal Profile
- Course Introduction
Site Guide for Students
"It won't work" F.A.Q
- I forgot my password and can't login to my course. What should I do?
You can click the "Forgotten your username or password?" link in the login area and the system will email you a new password, or you can contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that your password be reset.
- Facial Recognition system isn't working: Won't allow me to create a face model when I register OR keeps saying "No face detected" or some other error.
Make sure you are well lit and looking directly into the camera when creating your model. If after four or more tries you cannot create a model, contact us at email@example.com with your name, email address and username, and the subject line: CANNOT CREATE FR MODEL.
- After problem or error creating model, I'm getting a blank white page when trying to log back in.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and username, and the subject line: BLANK WHITE PAGE.
- Facial Recognition system isn't working. Cannot login, won't accept my face.
Make sure you are well lit and looking directly into the camera. If possible, try again in a new room under different lighting. If after four or more tries you cannot login, contact us at email@example.com with your name, email address and username and the subject line: CANNOT LOGIN WITH FR.
- What is the largest file size that I can upload?
Courses will accept up to 128 MB uploads.
- I've uploaded a photo of myself for the profile, but I still see the Smiley face? What's happening?
Your internet browser might be reading the image from the cache. Try refreshing the page. If that still doesn't show the new image, you will have to clear your cache. Here is a link with instructions on clearing the cache in various browsers.
- I keep getting copies of forum posts in my email. Why?
One of the features of the discussion forums is the ability to "subscribe". If you're subscribed, every time someone adds a new post to a forum, you'll receive a copy in your email. Subscriptions can be handy, because you're instantly notified when there is activity in your discussion, but the email can get a little overwhelming, especially if it's a lively forum. If you don't wish to receive email notifications make sure to turn off "Forum Notifications". To learn how to do so, visit the "Forum Notifications" section of Messaging.